ZIPCAR

Join Zipcar and get $25 in free driving!

Monday, July 20, 2009

If you squirt lemon juice someone’s eye it doesn’t matter if you were trying to get it on their shrimp…


This has been a long week and I just got back from D.C. this morning and I’m really tired but I vow to always make an entry Sunday evening/Monday morning. I have three running ideas that I have chosen to keep on the shelf after I received some shocking news this evening. My ex that you all have heard from quite regularly was ‘outed’ today by a family friend.

For the ten years I have known Terence I have had an issue with his closeted lifestyle and several of his friends and myself loved his cover by subscribing to Maxim Magazine and then Stuff as well. Although it wasn’t the reason we broke up it played a factor but even then I knew it wasn’t my place to ‘out’ him. Besides it gave me a huge chunk of guilt ammunition when I wanted things my way.

They say the path to hell is paved with good intentions but for the details I’ve received this wasn’t done in an altruistic cause. It was done for some personal agenda. For me coming out was interesting experience. I first came out to my Aunt Lu and my grandmother Nana and both of them gave me their love and support. Neither were thrilled that I was dealt a hand that they perceived to be lonely and life threatening (this was ’95) but they knew that I had to live my own life and pursue the path that I felt was natural and right for me. Even my addict father who was in the ‘MOB’ (and as guido as he is and with the guido accent) said “You’re the only one that can live your life and all I want is for you to be happy.” My mother was another story even now at 30 she still hopes it’s a faze that I may still grow out of. So I would like to ask all of you to tell me how you came out or if you’re not out what keeps you in the closet?

2 comments:

  1. Tommy, I read about the "shocking news" figuring, oh God another addict is dead. Sorry to hear about your ex-bf's outing but happy you weren't reporting someone's death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK THIS IS THE 2ND TIME IAM WRITTING THIS ...JUST BE HAPPY ..YOUR DOING A FINE JOB AND BY THE WAY WHO EVER SAID YOU CAME WITH INSTRUCTIONS...NOT TRUE AND IF THATS THE CASE THE PERSON OR PEOPLE WHO SAID THAT BETTER FIND THERE OWN ...BECAUSE YOU ARE THE TOP OF THE LINE MODEL..NO EXTRA PARTS ON THE FLOOR WITH YOU ..YOU MY LOVE CAME COMPLETE !!!

    ReplyDelete